Due to logistical reasons, there is a maximum limit of 15 students.
Participation in this course will be decided by the student's average grades within his or hers respective study program. The field trip is mandatory.
- Knowledge on how to apply geological techniques in the field
- Knowledge on how to interpret Geological Processes in the field
- Basic knowledge of petroleum geological research
- Extend the geological field methodology to a specific problem in the field per
- Be comfortable two conduct basic geological mapping and profiling
- Be comfortable two orientate alone with topographic and geological maps in the field
- Design a geological map based on field observation and practice
- Interpret a geological map after working in the field
- Interpret a profile of a geological section in the context of a geological map
- Profiling and mapping of geological formations
- Giving short talks about the mapped and profiled sections and areas, respectively
- Description of the profiled and mapped areas in a sound report
The course includes a mandatory geological field trip.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Tests, reports and assignments||1/1||A - F|
- Oral assignment counting 15% of total grade
- Portfolio assessment counting 85 % of total grade, and includes:
One written assignment counting 15%
- One project report counting 70%
Lecturer sets the final grade for the portfolio assessment.
Method of work
- Few lectures will be given and attendance is relevant
- Excursion is the main event and participation is obligatory
- Short talks at the excursion and small tasks will be given
Sist oppdatert: 17.10.2019