Professor Christine Lundberg was awarded a PhD in Business Administration from the School of Business, Economics and Law at Gothenburg University, Sweden in 2010. In 2014, she was awarded the title Associate Professor in Tourism from the Swedish higher education system. In 2010, she co-founded the international research network POPCULTOUR, researching tourism and events in the wake of popular culture expressions such as films, TV shows, literature, and music. Before joining University of Stavanger, she worked in higher education in the UK and Sweden for 20 years. Christine is first author on the research paper Herzberg's Two-Factor Theory of Work Motivation Tested Empirically on Seasonal Workers in Hospitality and Tourism which is in the Top 20 Most Downloaded papers in the last 90 days in the 4* journal Tourism Management (February 2020). She received the Swedish Association of Educational Writers' Prize in 2013. She was awarded the title Female Researcher of the Year at University of Borås, Sweden in 2006.
PUBLICATIONS (a selection)
- Li, S., Tien, W(S), Lundberg, C., Gkritzali, A., Sundström, M. (2020) Two Tales of One City: Fantasy Proneness, Authenticity, and Loyalty of On-Screen Tourism Destinations. Journal of Travel Research. https://doi.org/10.1177/0047287520961179
- Lundberg, C., Lindström, K.N. (2020) Sustainable Management of Popular Culture Tourism Destinations: A Critical Evaluation of the Twilight Saga Servicescapes. Sustainability, Vol. 12, 5177.
- Geraghty, L., Ziakas, V., Lundberg, C. (2020) Guest Editorial: Exploring the Popular Culture and Tourism Place-Making Nexus. Journal of Popular Culture, Vol. 52, No. 6, pp. 1241-1249.
- Lexhagen, M., Lundberg, C., Chekalina, T. (2020) Traveling in the Footsteps of ABBA. Journal of Popular Culture, Vol. 52, No. 6, pp. 1408-1432.
- Lundberg, C, Ziakas, V. (2018) Fantrepreneurs in the Sharing Economy: Co-Creating Neo-Tribal Events. Event Management, Vol. 22, No. 2, pp. 287-301.
- Lundberg, C., Ziakas, V., Morgan, N. (2017) Conceptulising On-Screen Tourism Destination Development. Tourist Studies. Vol. 18, No. 1, pp. 83–104.
- Li, S., Li, H., Song, H., Lundberg, C., Shen, S. (2017) The Economic Impact of On-Screen Tourism: The Case of The Lord of the Rings and The Hobbit. Tourism Management. Vol. 60, pp. 177-187.
- Larson, M, Lundberg, C & Lexhagen, M. (2013) Thirsting for Vampire Tourism: Developing Pop Culture Destinations. Journal of Destination Marketing & Management. Vol. 2, No. 2, pp. 74-84.
- Lundberg, C., Fredman, P., Wall-Reinius, S. (2012) Going for the Green? The Role of Money among Nature-Based Tourism Entrepreneurs. Current Issues in Tourism. iFirst article, pp. 1–8. http://dx.doi.org/10.1080/13683500.2012.746292
- Lundberg, C. & Fredman, P. (2011) Success Factors and Constraints among Nature-Based Tourism Entrepreneurs. Current Issues in Tourism. Vol. 15, No. 7, pp. 649-671. DOI:10.1080/13683500.2011.630458
- Sundström, M., Lundberg, C. & Giannakis, S. (2011) Tourist Shopping Motivation: Go with the Flow or Follow the Plan, International Journal of Quality and Service Sciences. Vol. 3, No. 2, pp. 211-224.
- Lundberg, C., (2011) Critical Service Encounters in Restaurants: The Personnel’s Perspective. Scandinavian Journal of Hospitality and Tourism. Vol. 11, No. 1, pp. 1-19.
- Lundberg, C. & Lexhagen, M. (2010). The Popular Culture Tourism Service System: The Case of Twilight. Impresa Ambiente Management. Vol. 4, No. 3. pp. 439-458.
- Lundberg, C., Gudmundson, A. & Andersson, T. (2008). Herzberg’s Two-Factor Theory of Work Motivation Tested Empirically on Seasonal Workers in Hospitality and Tourism. Tourism Management, Vol. 30, pp. 890-899.
- Lundberg, C. (2008). A Word-of-Mouth Approach to Informal Information Sharing among Part-Time and Short-Term Employed Front-Line Workers in Tourism. Journal of Vacation Marketing, Vol. 14, No. 1, pp. 23-39. DOI: 10.1177/1356766707084217
- Lundberg, C. & Mossberg, L. (2008). Learning by Sharing: Waiters’ and Bartenders’ Experiences of Service Encounters. Journal of Foodservice, Vol. 19, No. 1, pp. 44-52.
- Lundberg, C. & Ziakas, V. (Eds.) (2018) Routledge Handbook of Popular Culture and Tourism. Routledge, Abingdon, UK.
- Lundberg, C., Lexhagen, M. & Mattsson, S. (2012). Twication™: The Twilight Saga Travel Experience. Jengel Förlag AB: Östersund, Sweden.
- Lundberg, C., Lexhagen, M. & Mattsson, S. (2011). I populärkulturturismens spår: Twilight + Vacation = Twication©. Jengel Förlag AB: Östersund, Sweden.
- Lundberg, C. (2010). Challenges in Delivering Services: The Front-Line Hospitality and Tourism Perspective. PhD thesis. School of Business, Economics, and Law, Gothenburg University, Gothenburg, Sweden: Intellecta Infolog.
- Gyimóthy, S, Lundberg, C, Lindström, K, Lexhagen, M & Larson, M (2015). 'Popculture Tourism: A Research Manifesto'. In D Chambers and T Rakic (Eds), Tourism Research Frontiers. Tourism Social Science Series, Bingley: Emerald.
- Lundberg, C. & Lexhagen, M. (2014). Pop Culture Tourism: A Research Model. In A. Chauvel, N. Lamerichs and J. Seymour (Eds), Fan Studies: Researching Popular Audiences. Freeland (U.K.): Inter-Disciplinary Press, pp. 13-34.
- Lexhagen, M., Larson, M. & Lundberg, C. (2013). The Virtual Fan(g) Community: Social Media and Pop Culture Tourism. In S. Gyimóthy, A. M. Munar and L. Cai (Eds), Tourism Social Media: Transformations in Identity, Community and Culture, Tourism Social Science Series, Vol. 18, Emerald: Bingley, UK, pp. 133-157.
- Lundberg, C. & Lexhagen, M. (2012). Bitten by the Twilight Saga: From Pop Culture Consumer to Pop Culture Tourist. In R. Sharpley & P. Stone (Eds.) Contemporary Tourist Experience: Concepts and Concequences. Abingdon, UK: Routledge.