In order to increase cross-faculty research collaboration and boost green transition topics within the education offered at UiS, UiS provides funds for academic staff's initiatives linked to green transition. The deadline to apply is 29 September.
UiS has great potential to increase engagement and interdisciplinary collaboration within green transition topics at societal, technological, economical, or behavioural level.
This autumn UiS provides a fund for green transition topics within education and research.
All UiS employees in temporary or permanent academic positions can apply (e.g. PhD students, postdocs, and other scientific staff).
The project must take place in 2023 and/or 2024, and the funds spent by July 2024.
Minimum two of the following topics should be addressed in the application:
- Strengthen interdisciplinary research within the green transition at UiS
- Establish regional, national and/or international collaborations useful for the green transition
- Prepare preliminary projects or research activities that can lead to applications for external funding within green transition topics
- Advance the teaching proficiency of employees within green transition topics
- Support pilot/proof-of-concept studies within green transition topics
Each project can apply for NOK 30 000–60 000, and 5–10 projects will be funded in total. This is a seed grant for the year 2023. As of now, there are no plans for seed funding in 2024.
Examples of what the funding can be used for:
- Direct costs for acquiring software, equipment, materials, existing infrastructure, etc. at UiS
- Personnel costs (e.g. student assistants ) for data collection or coordination
- Workshops, conferences, or seminars etc.
- Summary of project concept (max 200 words)
- Short project description (max 500 words)
- Planned activities and methods
- Purpose and relevance within green transition
- Short introduction to applicant(s)
- List of activities with associated budget
Send the application to: Rebecca Briedis, coordinator Green transition
Deadline for applications: 29 September 2023
Grants notified on : 16 October 2023
Project period start: 1 November 2023-31 December 2023
Project period end: 30 June 2024