Supervised Reading Course: Theories in Management Research (PHD602)
Course description for study year 2023-2024. Please note that changes may occur.
Semester tution start
Number of semesters
Language of instruction
A candidate who has completed the course should have the following learning outcomes defined in terms of knowledge, skills, and general competence:
• has advanced knowledge of a specific topic within theories and methods in management research
• knows how to identify knowledge gaps in the research literature
• can critically evaluate characteristics and appropriateness of different types of literature reviews
• can plan, conduct and present an appropriate literature review at an advanced level within a chosen topic
• can participate in advanced discussions at the research front within the chosen topic
• can lead and conduct literature review projects at an advanced level
• can synthesize research that may generate new knowledge that can contribute to the research front.
Required prerequisite knowledge
|Form of assessment||Weight||Duration||Marks||Aid|
|Take home exam||1/1||Passed / Not Passed|
Written paper of 15-30 pages excluding references and appendices (APA7 format).Grade: Passed / not passed.
Conditions for taking the exam:
Mandatory and documented (minimum 5) meetings with the course leader.
Course coordinator:Torvald Øgaard
Method of work
PhD candidates enrolled in the PhD program in Social science at the University of Stavanger.