The objective of this work package is to develop a holistic petroleum system model and exploration for sustainable use of the Norwegian Continental Shelf.
Objectives / scope
Develop a holistic petroleum system model:
- Unlock yet-to-find reserves in mature near-field areas
- Fluid migration with HC + Brine system
Exploration for sustainable use of Norwegian Continental Shelf:
- Provide new energy and storage opportunities
- Extend the life of existing infrastructure
- How can we maximize data usage for building an integrated model of near-field areas and build predictive models for reservoir quality and distribution?
- What is the most efficient strategy to identify HC or geothermal reserves, and identify storage sites for H2 and CO2 to extend the life of infrastructure for long-term sustainable energy production?
- How can we improve the understanding of fluid migration to increase the success of exploration, and reduce uncertainties and risks related to leakage when injecting wastewater, CO2 and H2?
Department of Energy Resources