The main objective of this work package is to improve the reservoir energy production strategy with carbon capture and storage.
Objectives / scope
- Improve the reservoir energy production strategy with carbon capture and storage
- Describe and understand H2 storage and retrieval mechanisms in different geological formations
- Provide tracer monitoring, leakage remediation and mitigation strategies for waste and energy storage
- Model reactive flow transport in deformable porous rocks for reliable assessment of storage sites
- Investigate if HPHT reservoirs can be utilized as geothermal heat mining sites
- What is the reliability and capacity of CO2 and H2 storage sites on the NCS?
- How can HPHT gas and condensate reservoirs be converted for geothermal heat production in the NCS?
- What is the best strategy to prevent leakages during injection and long-term storage?
- What is the impact of reactive flow in deformable porous rocks on the performance and safety?