Guidelines for ranking exchange applicants.
Limited-enrolment study places
If there are more applications to a partner institution than the number of places UiS has in its agreement, there will be competition for the place(s).
Exchange places that are exempted from tuition fees.
GUIDELINES FOR RANKING APPLICANTS FOR LIMITED ENROLMENT STUDY PLACES FOR A PART-TIME STUDY ABROAD
Approved by the Education Committee on 12 September 2012. Revised on 18 September 2013, 22 May 2019 and 18 November 2020.
- Applicants with the highest ranking points are first nominated for competitive study places for part-time study abroad. Grades from current education at UiS and other colleges/universities in Norway with the same grading system are included in the calculation basis.
- First, average points are calculated according to a weighted average of passed exams (credits per course), where A=5 and E=1 points. Rank points are then calculated by adding 0,1 to the average point for each completed academic year (60 credits) in the current education. In the case of equal points, points are distributed by drawing lots.
- For internships abroad, the department in question distributes vacant internships before the International Office ranks these students against other applicants for competitive study places. At the Faculty of Performing Arts, the faculty distributes competitive study places.
- If relevant applicants have not obtained grades from UiS at the time of distribution, and come from an educational background with a different grading system, there will be a discretionary calculation of points. In these cases, the recommendation is submitted to the director of education for final approval.
- Students who do not have full credit progression at the time of application or who have not submitted a complete application that covers all formal requirements within the application deadline are ranked last.
When does non-tuition places get allocated?
At partner institutions that only have one non-tuition place per year, the allocation of student exchanges will be in UiS autumn semester for North America and Europe and thesSpring semester for Oceania.
Students applying for an extension of their period abroad will not be assessed for non-tution places.
Please contact the International Office via the Exchange guide in the Digital service desk.