I truly believe that unfairness and the lack of equal opportunities in education are there to be broken. Children, no matter their circumstances or backgrounds, deserve an education system that will encourage their abilities, show them their opportunities, and help them reach their potential. My great passion in Educational Research is to find reserach-based solutions to progress the work of educational equity.
My current research work includes:
- Progress in Reading Literacy Study (PIRLS), a large scale assessment assessing reading achievements in ten-year-olds
- Language development in Language Minority Learning students
- Close Reading, reading techniques of complex texts
- Human Language Technology, developing interactive systems for oral communication based on AI and deep learning
My current teaching responsibilities includes:
- Second Language Learning- and development in education
- Research Methods in Arts and Education
My educational background includes a Phd in educational research from the University of Stavnger and a MA in history from Norwegian University of Science and Technology (NTNU). I hold a bachelor in humanities including Nordic Languages, history and psychology from the University of Bergen.