- Don't be afraid to challenge and explore music in different ways. After all, this is the time to do it!
- Name and age: Hedda Regine Holstad Dyrnes, 23 years old
- At the University of Stavanger I study:
After completing a Bachelor Degree I continue with Extension Studies in classical music: cello and chamber music. I also work a bit as a freelance with my ouw music
My dream job is to work as a freelancer. I want to write and produce my own music, play in bands, and also be a substitute for various orchestras
How is the everyday life for a student at Extension Studies program?
The programme itself is quite relaxed, with a lot of time for individual practice and working on personal projects.
How is the atmosphere at the faculty and how did I get to know my fellow students:
My study programme is different from many other in a way that we don’t' have common classes. Within individual instrument groups there is a very good atmosphere! I did my bachelor's here, so I'm lucky to know some people from previous studies. In addition, the cello is a somewhat social instrument because you can get involved in many different contexts!
So it's a bit up to each student to join different communities at the faculty, but participating in projects and ensembles is a pretty good place to start.
This is my dream job:
My dream job is to work as a freelancer. I want to write and produce my own music, play in bands, and also be a substitute for various orchestras.
My favourite activities at Campus Bjergsted:
Practicing and chatting with friends in the hallway and during breaks.
This is typical Stavanger:
Rainy weather and lots of wind! But it's nice to have a mild winter, especially if you're not a fan of snow!
This is what I like to do in my spare time:
Playing board games with friends and playing Nintendo Switch.
Here are my three top tips to this year’s applicants:
- Be clear about what you want to achieve during this "in-between year"! It's good to have something to work towards, both for yourself and for the teachers.
- Don't be afraid to challenge and explore music in different ways. After all, this is the time to do it.
- Engage in various communities to get the most out of your study time!