FILIORUM - Centre for Research in Early Education and Care has developed a collection of digital resources for use in ECEC-based competence development. The resources are free, available to everyone, and new resources are added on an ongoing basis.
The Resource Bank is a collection of digital resources based on new ECE research for use by teachers and educators in ECEC-based professional development, for example at staff meetings.
With the Resource Bank, we wish to contribute to raising awareness about new research and its application in the field of practice.
We recommend each ECEC institution to pick and choose the resources that are useful and relevant to them.
- The resources draw on specific research publications and are based on results from the publications.
- The research in FILIORUM represents different fields of study and different methodological approaches and the Resource Bank aims to show the range of research and researchers in FILIORUM. As a result, some of the resources are more theoretical, while others are more practical in nature.
- We have planned for the resources to be used together with all staff, given that recent ECE research emphasises the importance of including all staff in professional development. Some of the materials can be also used at parent meetings or directly with children.
- All resources consist of several elements, including a text that describes why the topic is important, suggestions for how the resource can be used, and a description of the research on which the resource is based. We recommend that the staff member who leads the work in the ECEC-institution reads through the entire resource before it gets used.
- Further, all resources contain one or more videos on the topic, reflection questions, a print-friendly version of the resource, suggestions for activities, relevant links and information about the corresponding author. We have placed great emphasis on the reflection questions and suggestions for activities because these are important for the ECEC-based professional development. The videos are intended for inspiration.
- All resources are quality assured by early childhood educators.
Department of Early Childhood Education
National Centre for Reading Education and Research