CIAM is collaborative measure between the University of Stavanger (UiS) and CIAM’s partners. The goal is to contribute to increased value creation and competitiveness in the industry and public services through streamlining and development of the operation and maintenance functions.
CIAM is a network of companies and university with focus on industrial asset management. It is administered by UiS, but controlled by the companies via the board. The objectives are achieved by technology and competence development and knowledge exchange within relevant fields. Knowledge development and exchange is achieved both by dialog between the university and the companies, and by dialog between the companies.
CIAM develop cooperation between companies and the university by:
- Updating employees both at the companies and at the university about new trends and possibilities nationally and internationally by information exchange.
- Taking initiatives to establish and participate in research and development projects within CIAM’s area.
- Contribute to education of highly qualified students within CIAM’s areas.
- Taking initiatives to and implements education within CIAM’s areas.
- Experience exchange and knowledge transfer between the companies, research forums and universities both nationally and internationally
CIAM’s focus areas are:
- Industry 4.0
We work primarily through meeting series in the HUBs withing the subject areas:
- Operation and Maintenance
- Safety and Risk
- Data Management
- Human Capital
- Asset Economy and Engineering
We value the interactions of our experts and partners. Therefore we want to create platforms with the best atmosphere for collaboration and innovation in our quest for continuous value creation. We call them our Knowledge Hubs.
Problems that our partners come across can be discussed during our different activities like thematic seminars, workshops with global experts, study sessions, conferences and joint-industry projects.
In CIAM we endeavor to put our partners one step ahead of the game through a knowledge cluster that is both dynamic and productive.
Our different thematic groups are listed below. Please do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org if you want to contribute and be part of our network.
- Data Management Hub
- Asset Economy and Engineering Hub
- Human Capital Hub
- Safety and Risk Hub
- Operation and Maintenance Hub
As a member of CIAM, you join a network of competent people who share the same professional interest as you. You get the opportunity to participate in discussions in the professional knowledge hubs of your interest.
You also get the opportunity to initiate student projects at your company. This can be at bachelor, master or PhD level.
We offer two kinds of memberships:
- Company membership, where any number of participants from the company can attend any CIAM event.
- Individual membership is for those who work in a company which is not a member of CIAM. You can sign up as personal member and get access to one or more of the knowledge hubs, exactly like company members.
For more information about CIAM membership, contact us at email@example.com.
To develop networks between companies and between the company and the university is essential for a company which wants to develop well. The different professional environments within the company needs to connect to different partners to be relevant for the daily work. CIAM offers a unique opportunity to achieve this. Through the different knowledge hubs, the company can develop networks on several levels where different people connect to the relevant partners. As company member, there are no limitations on the number of employees participating on any of the arrangements at CIAM. The membership is also a good opportunity to run student projects at the company on any level (bachelor, master or Ph.D). This also represents a possibility for the company to recruit and check out possible future employees. The student projects will be a cooperation between the student, the company, and the supervisor from the university. Since the university is an active member of CIAM, the company membership also implies a possibility for the company to influence the direction in which the university should develop. The company will have a saying in what skills the university should develop and teach to educate future employees who will be relevant to the industry. The membership fee is dependent on the revenue of the company. For the smallest companies, the fee is 15.000 NOK, while it is 75.000 NOK for the biggest. Do not hesitate to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to discuss membership for your company.
As a network of competence, we want to include companies, professional environments, and individuals who fucus on operation and maintenance of critical equipment or assets. Through our activities we want all the individuals participating to develop their competence to be better contributors to increased value creation at the companies where they are employed. We know there are a lot of individuals in companies who possess a deep competence or interest in asseet management, but where the company itself is not a CIAM member. Thus we have opened up for individual membership. As individual member you have the same rights as employees assosiated with a company membership. This means you can sign up to any arrangement within any knowledge hub in the CIAM network. For the time beeing there are 5 active knowledge hubs where we arrange workshops, and we are working towards establishing more hubs. If your interest is solely for one specific knowledge hub, you may choose to limit the membership to this one. You can sign up for any of the arrangements within this hub and develop your network within this specific field. For a company membership, the company can sign up any and how many they want of their employees to all arrangements within CIAM. The individual membership is personal and can therefore not be transferred to other persons in your company. In addition, also company members influence the network most, since they are the only ones eligible to vote in the yearly general assembly meeting. The yearly fee for the individual membership depends on if you want to have the opportunity to participate in all knowledge hubs, or just in one specific. For freely to sign up to all hubs the yearly fee is 3000 NOK, for limitation to one specified hub it will be 1500 NOK. For more information about CIAM membership, contact us at email@example.com.
It's not about ideas. It's about making ideas happen
Conferences and Seminars
National and international conferences and seminars in the scope of CIAM
Previous CIAM Events
Former Hub metings and Lunch Seminars under the auspices of CIAM
- Upskilling is urgent – how can we meet this challenge? Anne-Lene Festervoll, PwC, March 11, 2021
- Developing Employees and Competency-based Recruitment at NOV. Kathrine Borsheim, NOB, April 15, 2021
Safety and Risk
- Key principles within process safety. Thomas Fylking, ORS, March 3, 2021
- Key principles within process safety. Christian Juel Adamsen, ORS, March 24, 2021
- Risk engineering in the insurance business. Ruben Pedersen, ORS, April 13, 2021
Data Management & Digitalization
- The Operator 4.0 Vision for a Collaborative & Augmented Workforce. Professor Dr. David Romero is Scientific Project Manager at the Center for Innovation in Design and Technology of the Tecnológico de Monterrey University in Mexico, March 18, 2021
Lunch & Learn
- Framtida for Olje og Gass. Thom Fosselie, Petroleumstilsynet, February 11, 2021
- Will the promised impact of Artificial Intelligence and Machine Learning become reality also for the Norwegian Oil & Gas industry? Hans Petter Ellingsen, DNV GL, February 25, 2021
- Organizing for Innovation: B2B Projects, Task Configuration, and Outcomes. Elham Ghazimatin, UiS Business School, April 22, 2021
- Evidence-based evaluation of growth opportunities - Making use of insights from relatedness and complexity research. Tom Brökel, UiS, May 5, 2021
- Meeting Asset optimization targets: Processes, methods and solutions: Case studies and best practices. Ove Hansen and Syed Taha, Apply, May 6 2021