Here you'll find information for visitors to UiS.
Our electronic map (MazeMap) will help you find the room or the auditorium you are looking for! The map also contains other important information about the buildings and outdoor spaces.
Information about Mazemap:
- Mazemap is designed to help you find your way around our campuses
- All floors and room numbers on our main campus has been added to the digital map. You can even navigate through the floors of a building to find your way.
- You can use the search function to find a room or location and easily share it with your friends by e-mail or Facebook.
- You can use Mazemap to find defribillators, rest rooms, cantinas and other facilities on campus.
- You can download the Mazemap app for Apple and Android devices. For windows phone users, please use your browser.
UiS is open to students, staff and visitors.
Opening hours in all buildings are at 07.45-20.00. After closing time, you will need an access card to enter the buildings.
For updated information on opening hours at the main university library on Ullandhaug please visit the library website.
Between 11:00pm and 7:00 am alarms are activated, and it is not allowed to be inside the buildings.
The dining services provided on campus can offer good and affordable options to most students. Most of the student cantinas are operated by Studentsamskipnaden i Stavanger, SiS Cafe.
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am – 6:30 pm
Friday 8:00 am – 3:00 pm
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am - 2:15 pm
Monday - Friday: 8:00 am – 3.00 pm
Monday - Thursday: 7:45 am – 3:00 pm
Friday: 7:45 am – 1:00 pm
Monday - Thursday: 8:00 am – 5:00 pm
Friday: 8:00 am – 4:00 pm
The "Book Café" in Kjølv Egelands hus offers tea and espresso-based coffee drinks. You can also enjoy smoothies, wine, beer and other cold beverages in a comfortable atmosphere.
Faculty of Performing Arts
Located in the beautiful green surroundings of Bjergsted Park, close to the centre of Stavanger, Faculty of Performing Arts is neighbour and partner to the city's cultural life.
Other park «residents» include the Stavanger Symphony Orchestra, The Stavanger Concert House, and Stavanger Performing Arts School, as well as the Stavanger Concert Society and the Norwegian Institute of Recorded Sound.
Faculty of Performing Arts has more than 200 students pursuing a range of courses in classical music, jazz, voice, music education, dance education and music production and recording.
Phone: +47 51 83 40 00
Fax: +47 51 83 40 50
You might also be interested in
The Research Group on Populism, Anti-gender and Democracy at the University of Stavanger and the Center for Research on ...