Sara Esmaeeli is Associate Professor in the Department of Early Childhood Education, University of Stavanger. Esmaeeli is specializes in the fields of inclusive education. Her research interest is examining the multifactorial model of children’s learning and specifically reading and writing skills from early on. Part of this multifactorial model is to identify the risk and supportive factors of reading development/difficulties from early childhood, and to identify what specific aspects of the environment, such as the home literacy environment, shared-reading and reading-related activities at kindergarten/preschool years are important for children's cognitive and reading development.
- Inclusive Education in Early Childhood Education and Care (ECEC), inclusion and belonging.
- First- and second-language early reading-related skills at preschool and reading development.
- Learning difficulties
- The risk and promotive factors of reading difficulties from early childhood including Family Risk of reading difficulties; environmental factors such as Home Literacy Environment, and early reading-related activities at preschool; cognitive factors like emergent literacy development.
- Quantitative methodology
- Multivariate methods used in educational science research, mainly Structural Equation Modeling (SEM) and factor analysis.
- On Track/På sporet
- DiCote (work package leader)
- TALIS (Starting Strong)
- Tidlig innsats, tidlig i livet
- RECOdE - Reflecting Cultures of Education - Transnationality and Cultural Awareness in Early Childhood Education Programs
- Comparative Educational Studies (for exchange students): Program responsible
- EIS110 Inclusive Education (course responsible)
- EIS170 School Experience (Course responsible)
- MBV115 Barnehagen som forskningsarena (course responsible)
- MBV125 Estetiske, kulturelle og kommunikative perspektiver i en flerkulturell og mangfoldig barnehage
- MBV135 Verdipedagogikk: mangfold, tilhørighet og bærekraft
- MBV155 Overganger
- MBV160 Vitenskapsteori og forskningsmetode
- MBV170 Forum/masteroppgaven
- Journal of Research in Reading (ISSN:1467-9817)
- Journal of Scientific Studies of Reading (ISSN: 1088-8438)
- Journal of Family Studies (ISSN: 1322-9400)
- Reviewer/scientific evaluation for Research Grants
- International Congress for School effectiveness and Improvement
- Norsk barnehageforskningskonferanse